Ocutech, founded in 1984, is a worldwide leader in developing advanced hi-quality telescopic low vision aids (bioptics) for the visually impaired.
With grant support totaling over $1.5 million from the National Eye Institute (NIH) and the Ontario (Canada) Ministry of Health, Ocutech bioptic low vision aid systems have been carefully developed and studied and have been preferred 3 to 1 in independent clinical trials. In 1996, Ocutech received international attention when it developed the first ever autofocusing bioptic telescope for the visually impaired.
Ocutech bioptic low vision telescopes are prescribed by Low Vision specialists worldwide, and are used by tens of thousands of visually impaired individuals throughout the world.
Low Vision Specialists Recommend Ocutech Bioptic Telescopes
Ocutech low vision aid telescopes are preferred by low vision prescribers for their advanced optics, appearance, ease of use and prescribing, and high quality. Ocutech low vision telescopes:
- Provide the widest fields of view available
- Are designed to be light weight, compact, and comfortable to wear
- Are designed for easy and convenient focusing
- Include specially designed optics to enhance image sharpness and clarity
- Include a full range of prescribing options to customize the system for one’s individual needs
- Include industry-leading product warranties and user and prescriber support