InstaMount Telescope and Field Expander including the "On and Off" Bioptic
The Ocutech InstaMount Series offers a quick, convenient method to attach a monocular optical device to the front of an eyeglass lens. It is available as a 2.2x Telescope (TS) or a 0.5x Field Expander (FE) for visual field constrictions. These are available in a range of prescribing options- permanently mounted using self-adhesive flanges, clip-on versions (see SightScope Compact), and frames with magnetic clip-ons allowing them to be used or removed easily and conveniently.
The Ocutech InstaMount Series offers a quick, convenient method to attach a monocular optical device to the front of an eyeglass lens.
2.2x Galilean Telescope (TS)
0.5x Field Expander (FE)
Each InstaMount System comes complete with two self-adhesive flanges– straight and 7° tilt.
A reusable Clip-on demonstrator adaptor is available that will hold either the TS or FE for evaluation and positioning purposes.
The InstaMount can also be used with magnetic clip-on frames (The On & Off Bioptic) using clear plano lenses in the clip. Prescribers can provide their own frames and use the self-adhesive flanges, or they can select magnetic clip frames provided by Ocutech and request the InstaMount to be drilled into the carrier lens at the appropriate position and angle.
- Insert either the telescope or the minifier into the demonstrator clip.
- Position the device over the front of the eyeglass lens and refine the position.
- Once you have determined the desired location, remove the glasses from the patient (while keeping the clip in place) and place a mark on the back of the eyeglass lens at the center of the eyepiece.
- Remove the demo unit.
- Wipe the front of the lens with the alcohol swab (provided) and dry it with a tissue. Do not touch the front of the lens after cleaning.
- Peel off the covering on the desired flange (be careful to not touch the adhesive) and attach it to the front of the lens so the positioning mark is in the center of the flange and press hard. The 7° tilted flange has a mark to denote the 12 o’clock position.
- Insert the telescope or the field expander completely into the flange. DO NOT FORCE.
- The permanent adhesive will set-up within 24 hours so advise the patient to be careful handling it. While the permanent adhesive is pretty tough, a determined patient will get it off. Excessive heat (such as on the dashboard of a car) may also undermine the adhesive.